Senior MDM Architect
David Sala Della Cuna
My Client is launching an initiative to assess their current Customer Information Architecture, establish a Customer Information Strategy, and create a roadmap for addressing any gaps and implementing the future-state architecture. In conjunction with this initiative, we are seeking a Senior Level MDM Architect to focus on te Customer Information Architecture. This individual will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of the future-state architecture. This will include gaining a detailed understanding of the customer information-related needs of the strategic initiatives of our company, and working closely with technology teams to establish an architectural design that supports these initiatives.
- Design future-state customer information architecture based on results of architecture assessment and roadmap.
- Understand strategic objectives of the company, and ensure that Customer Information Architecture is capable of supporting it.
- Establish partnerships with key business constituents that help drive customer information-related requirements, and ensure that Customer Information Architecture vision is in alignment with these requirements.
- Partner with technology teams to ensure that the customer information architecture supports the technical requirements of our applications, and that application designs leverage the customer information architecture.
- Work closely with individuals across the IT organization to help promote awareness of customer information architecture and ensure that enterprise assets, services and centers of competence are leveraged.
- Lead Customer Information Architecture Review Board, which will serve to help ensure that technology implementations across Scholastic are in line with the Customer Information Architecture principles and vision.
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field, Graduate degree preferred
- Ideal Candidate has enterprise level Customer (B2B and B2C) MDM Project Technology Solution Architecture and Implementation experience within Retail/Publishing/Ecommerce/Travel/Hotel Industries.
- 10+ yearsâ€™ experience in the Information Management field including enterprise level ODS, EDW, BI Architecture and Implementation experience.
- At least 5 years of experience architecting customer data integration solutions
- Must have a wide range of technical implementation experience, across multiple technologies, disciplines, and platforms.
- Must have a proven track record providing technical leadership on cross functional teams.
- Must have experience building strong business relationships.
Required Technical Skills
Should have experience in at least one technology tool from each category.
- MDM - Informatica Siperian, Oracle UCN, MS MDS, IBM MDM Server
- BI/Analytics - MS BI (SSRS, SSAS), IBM Cognos, Microstrategy, SAS
- ETL - Informatica, MS SSIS, Data Stage
- DB - Oracle, DB2, Sql Server
- DQ â€“ Informatica DQ, IBM Information Analyzer, MS DQS
- ILM â€“ Informatica, IBM Optim
- Data Security/Monitoring â€“ Vormetrics, IBM Guardiam
- DW Appliances â€“ IBM Netezza, MS SQL PDW, Oracle Exadata, Teradata
- Data Services â€“ Informatica
- CRM â€“ PeopleSoft, Sales Force
Nice-to-Have Technical Skills
- Big Data Analytics Architecture and Implementation experience using Hadoop and HBase
- SOA Architecture & Implementation
- Data Architecture
- Content Management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to present and discuss complex technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding and support.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills along with business orientation.
- Ability to work closely with business users and ensure that the business needs are well defined and being met and in line with our systems architecture.
- Excellent organizational and detailed hands on project management skills.
- Ability to effectively negotiate solutions as problems arise.