As a Solution Architect, you will be responsible to develop practical and workable digital solutions for our internal business and technical teams. You’ll analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs to craft solutions that are scalable, adaptable, and work collaboratively with the User Experience and Design, eCommerce, Growth, and Digital Technology teams. We're seeking candidates with expertise creating these systems and a passion for enabling teammates to help build and support. The Solution Architect will work closely with our business users and technical team, acting as the domain and subject matter expert. Experience working with an enterprise eCommerce platform, microservices-based architecture, and content management systems is very much desired.
This position reports to the Director of Strategy & Architecture. This role can work remote from anywhere in the U.S. or locally in our Redwood City, CA office location.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze business requirements, process and apply solutions in line with business requirements and needs
- Represent and communicate technical requirements and trade-offs in a business environment to facilitate effective decision making
- Build diagrams and workflows to demonstrate steps and describe logical operational steps of the system
- Create accurate work estimates and design solutions for execution
- Ability to work on complex projects independently and with a team during multiple phases of a project
- Be the Subject Matter Expert who acts as a “consultant” on complex projects/initiatives
What you bring to the table:
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Awareness of different integration/message exchange patterns
- Appreciation of a variety of architectural styles such as Service Oriented Architectures, Event Driven Architectures, Client-Server Architectures, REST
- Exposure to other systems in the ERP, CRM, Data Engineering space
- Understanding of network communications, including TCP/IP, HTTP, and RPC protocols
- Familiarity with security principles using SSL protocols and data encryption specific to microservice architecture implementation
- Experience working within the retail and eCommerce industry is desirable
- Strong knowledge of Microservices, API and Headless Architecture
- Experience working with and integrating enterprise system through API platforms
- Experience working with and coaching Agile/Scrum Teams
- Experience with JIRA (Issue Tracking) and Confluence (Requirements/Collaboration tool)
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits. Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.