As an Oracle Finance Technical Functional Analyst, you will provide support and troubleshooting and serve as a subject matter expert for Oracle application modules. Participate in the physical design process and code reviews to gain comprehensive understanding of the problem domain. Create and maintain individual functions, modules and programs per physical design specifications and corporate guidelines. Create system documentation as required. Adhere to company’s enterprise standards, guidelines, tools and processes in order to ensure consistency across development projects, mitigate risk and protect the integrity of the computing environment. Perform unit testing per test specifications to ensure product quality.
The chance to do something meaningful, to challenge yourself, to be a part of change in an industry, to influence change doesn’t come around every day.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Build sounds relationships with Product Owners, Business SMEs, Developers and Project Managers to capture requirements, prioritize functionality, ensure quality, delivery new capabilities, conduct training and support application users.
- Participate in complex systems analysis, design, programming and testing activities. This requires significant knowledge of Oracle Applications tables, Forms, Reports and related tools.
- Support Oracle Applications and related systems / interfaces to quickly resolve Oracle issues in close collaboration with functional and technical teams.
- Analyze technical problems including data issues, workflows and production reports/interfaces. This includes research, testing, logging, and following-up on system bugs/tars.
- Design, build, unit test, and maintain custom objects including, but not limited to, interfaces between Oracle applications and other systems
- Lead functional analysis, technical design, gap identification and requirements definition for any sized projects in the assigned function.
- Manage, estimate and resolve production support requests and problems in a timely manner
- Discuss systems and procedures with users; proactively investigate potential system problems; recommend changes and initiate corrective actions.
- Expertise working with the Oracle EPM suite R12, Hyperion, PBCS, FCCS, etc.
- Implementation and support of Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Finance modules including Oracle General Ledger, Oracle Receivables, SLA, Oracle Payables, Oracle Fixed Assets, Oracle Cost Management.
- Solid understanding of the following flow cycles: Order-to-Cash, Procure-to-Pay, Record-to-Report cycles
- Experience integrating bolt-on applications with Oracle e.g., Concur, Paymetric, Bank Auto Debit process.
- Experience in SLA configuration, financial reporting, reconciliation process and month end processing.
- Hands-on experience with complex application interfaces, reports, forms, workflow builder, data migrations, conversions, XML publisher, Oracle PL/SQL and SQL
- Understanding of SOAP/Rest based web services
- Work cross-functionally to understand business needs and to make actionable recommendations that convey business needs, define business requirements, and propose corresponding technical solutions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to meet with business stakeholders to clarify and document business, system and reporting requirements, source-to-target mappings, data dictionaries, system flows, user test plans, support guides, etc.
- Recommend optimal data flows and solutions to provide the best visualizations for data analysis
- Be accountable and responsible for project deliverables, work effectively within deadlines and provide overall status of solution readiness
- Willing and able to learn and pick up new technologies and responsibilities.
- Self-motivated and good team player.
- Thorough understanding of and experience with all phases of the Agile/Scrum SDLC
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Certification in Oracle Financial modules is a plus
- Financial and core accounting knowledge is a plus.
- Prior project management experience is a plus.