Title: Senior Project Manager
Job Location: Mahwah, NJ
Scope of Position
The Senior Project Manager, provides project management leadership to support and facilitate the commercialization of new product and promotional launches across multiple brands.
- Project Management of new product launches to support the commercialization of the brands’ new products, packaging, sample sizes, promotions or accessories launches, overseeing and facilitating all phases of the product development life cycle.
- Act as liaison between Marketing, R&D, Packaging Development, Procurement, Creative, Production and Sales in all areas relating to the product-to-market timeline.
- Develop and manage customized project plans and timelines. Present the data clearly, concisely and accurately to necessary stakeholders involved.
- Lead bi-weekly Commercialization meetings and maintain/issue project trackers for key stakeholders and senior management.
- Assess individual project risks, identify process improvement opportunities and initiate action plans when required. Provide feedback to key stakeholders as necessary.
- Resolve all timeline issues and negotiate with impacted department(s) to develop tactical risk mitigation plans to bring the project(s) back on track.
- Work with brand & cross-functional leaders to escalate and communicate critical issues and next steps/resolution.
- Support and facilitate the seamless flow of communication between cross-functional teams and inspire cross-functional team to execute with excellence.
- Be comfortable communicating cross departmentally and hold team accountable to project milestones and deadlines.
- Contribute to and foster an environment that is team-oriented, brand-focused and quality-driven.
- Participate in special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in science, business or engineering disciplines; MBA a plus. PMP certification preferred.
- Prior experience in skincare, haircare, personal care or related consumer packaged goods field.
- 5+ years full lifecycle project management experience in a senior role across new product development and commercialization.
- Proficient in applications including Microsoft Office, PLM systems, MRP systems, Monday.com, and excellent Excel & PPT skills a must. Advanced knowledge of project management tools, techniques, and best practices.
- Self-starter with a strong sense of urgency who excels in a fast-paced, timeline-driven environment.
- Exceptional leadership, relationship building, problem-solving, critical-thinking, and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to understand and connect stakeholders and interdependencies across functions.
- Meticulous attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to make good, timely decisions.
- Excellent team player with strong analytical, negotiating, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated accountability & ability to work independently.