Reporting to the Chief Architect, the Technology Solutions Architect is a critical role on the Enterprise Solution team, with accountability of aligning overall solution architecture & strategy with business growth objectives; guiding enterprise solution design & development to support program roadmaps; and promoting solution best practices leveraging cloud-native architecture and DevOps. The Technology Solution Architect serves as the primary solution partner to the teams of Business Development leads and the teams of Operations and Program Support to develop and modernize the company’s product and service offerings to prospective and existing clients, to achieve optimal profitability and support ongoing business growth.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design and build technology solutions that best meet the business needs and are aligned with IT strategy and roadmaps.
- Perform assessment of current technology offerings across existing supported client programs and leading development of short- and long-term modernization in improving operational efficiency while increasing ROI toward projected financial margins.
- Research and analyze emerging technology trends in conjunction with industry and market trends, resulting in making proposals for complete technical solutions to fit existing business model and in response to specific RFPs or sales opportunities.
- Prepare technical solution documentation including architecture design documents to facilitate integration of in-house development projects and/or vendor-based applications.
- Propose off-the-shelf Software and Platform as a Service solutions, both Hybrid and Cloud based to fit specific business verticals aligned with the company market strategy, achieving maximum profitability while maintaining excellence of delivery for client services.
- Align with the latest security policies and compliance practices to ensure information security throughout SDLC and maintain secure solutions offerings to existing and prospective clients.
- Identify and collaborate with potential technology partners in designing integrated solutions and in understanding pricing models.
- Govern the solution portfolios across programs to promote reusability, scalability and security.
- Play a pivotal role in evaluating market leading software and tools in support of business needs, and making the right-sized recommendations.
- Work closely with Product Managers to transfer technical knowledge once proven solutions are ready to be added to the Product Manager’s toolkit. Collaborate with IT managers and development teams to ensure solutions are built consistent with the proposed designs and align the cost projection models based on actual costs year over year.
Minimum Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least 15 years of related experience
- Hands on experience working with major cloud platforms (Microsoft Azure, AWS, Salesforce, etc.)
- Strong background in product and solution architecture with real-world experience in designing and delivering large-scale IT projects
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Customer-centric mindset and ability to build strong partnership between business and IT, and support clients from both public and commercial sectors
- Effective team player, naturally looking beyond your own area/organizational boundaries to consider the bigger picture and/or perspective of others and build trust-based relationships with leaders and employees
- A proven grasp of architecture development and design thinking in an agile environment
- Exposure to adjacent technology domains such as cloud DevOps, network infrastructure, automation, and cybersecurity
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to relate complex topics in simple and accessible language
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven experience as a full stack technical architect, senior software systems designer, implementing complex IT systems resulting in process automation and improved efficiencies
- Hands on experience with cloud-native architecture and DevOps, including but not limited to microservices, containers, and low code technologies
- Experience in leading large scale modernization initiatives through architecture and application refactoring
- Experience integrating PaaS and SaaS solutions into existing technological footprint of the company offerings
- Solid understanding of data analytics and AI/ML technologies; familiar with cloud data management platforms
- Software and Cloud vendor evaluation, selection, and management experience
- Full SDLC experience in complex IT multi-team environments, collaborating with business analysts, functional leads, developers, QA teams, as well as 3rd-party vendors
- Experience with MS/AWS/Google cloud services is a must
- Product Management experience at enterprise technology companies a big plus
- Comfortable rolling up your sleeves and deep diving into delivery challenges