The IT Director, Data Technologies will lead our IT data technology portfolio inclusive of data engineering and business intelligence platform management. This role will be hybrid work model located in our corporate office in Dublin CA and will report to the Senior Director, Data Technologies, and Middleware.
The ideal candidate will be a driver for the data technology direction and will be strong technically, providing visionary leadership for the portfolio with an eye for understanding business needs and inspiring leadership. They will have experience in modern cloud-based infrastructures along converting from on premises model to a cloud model. The candidate will be responsible for scaling environments, data engineering and leading cloud-based initiatives. The candidate will also be responsible for our data ecosystem of applications with proactive strategies, roadmaps, and vision. They will have a strategic mind and operate as a leader that influences the IT and business strategy.
The resource will own platforms including Snowflake, PowerBI, MicroStrategy, Alation, and other front-end tools. They will be responsible for the entire data estate including data lake, data warehouse and data platforms.
The right resource will lead the team in exploring new solutions, solving complex technical issues, identifying efficiencies, and building proof of concepts as required.
The base salary range for this role is $124,600 – $234,850. The base salary range is dependent on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, qualifications, relevant education, certifications, seniority, and location. The range listed is just one component of the total compensation package for employees. Other rewards vary by position and location.
• Sets the mission and vision of the Data Technologies organization to foster a customer-centric culture and mindset driven by a future state data vision for the company.
• Be a trusted advisor, that builds and maintains relationships with other technical leaders and business executives to develop a keen understanding of business needs; ensures efficient delivery of IT services to meet those needs.
• Build a multi-year roadmap and key performance indicators that are well understood and anticipate emerging needs.
• Determine the future skills needed in the data technologies space and build a team to realize that future. Resources will need to have the appropriate mix of strong technical knowledge, business knowledge and competencies that balance between growing agility and ensuring that core IT functions are reliable, stable and efficient.
• Foster a culture of trusted partnership, service, and continuous improvement.
• Build a deep bench of team leadership and technical talent to deliver results and support future growth and mentor the team to their full potential.
• Building Effective Teams (for managers of People and/or Projects)
• Developing Talent (for managers of People)
• Leading by Example
• Communicates Effectively
• Ensures Accountability and Execution
• Manages Conflict
• Business Acumen
• Plans, Aligns and Prioritizes
• Organizational Agility
With particular emphasis on the following specific position-related competencies:
• Motivating Others
• Decision Quality
• Technical Acumen
• Building Relationships
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• At least 15 years of relevant technical experience, including 8+ years in a leadership role, building diverse teams with collaborative and innovative cultures with deep familiarity in data engineering and analytics, delivering analytics solutions.
• Solid background in cloud-first environments and building cloud-native platforms in Azure, plus working with cloud computing enterprise data warehousing (Snowflake).
• Knowledge and expertise in the practices of BI Analytics (MicroStrategy, PowerBI), Data Governance (Alation), Data Ingestion (Streamsets) and Data Warehousing/modeling (Snowflake). Experience working with Enterprise Architecture to ensure that the Data Technologies portfolio strategy and vision is consistent with the overall strategy and vision for IT.
• Knowledge of data modeling, cloud storage (Azure), data lake, and data warehousing. At least 5 years of related work experience in leading Business Intelligence platforms such as MicroStrategy, Power BI.
• Track record for leading IT transformational initiatives including moving platforms to the cloud, implementing analytics tooling (ELT, analytics, governance).
• Success in using standard methodologies, such as Waterfall and Agile.
• Ability to adapt to a fast-moving technology landscape and keep pace with the latest thinking and new technologies.
• Demonstrable ability to formulate a high-level strategy, then convert it into a tactical plan and execute on that plan.
• “Hands-on” operating style and approach but a view towards the future and willingness to invest in people development and in developing an organization that will support a large company.
• Superb communication skills, the ability to build a supportive and inclusive team culture.
• Bachelor’s degree, with a major in computer science, information systems management, mathematics, or a closely related field.
• Ability to influence at all levels of the organization and capability to work independently with minimal guidance. Strong organization and prioritization skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively present technical topics to large groups with potentially varied levels of technical sophistication.
This position requires the ability to work in an office environment, including using a computer, attending meetings, working as part of a team, and the ability to communicate with team members and others. Regular attendance also is a requirement of the position.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This role requires regular in-office presence, including to engage in in-person team interaction, meetings and collaboration, mentoring, coaching, and/or feedback. However, this role can perform duties effectively using a combination of in-office and remote work.
Data Engineering Manager II
BI Tools Manager I
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.