Serving as a subject-matter-expert (SME), the IS Business Relationship Manager will liaise between the business and IT to communicate and coordinate activities within the business.
The IS Liaison will understand the business area very well and and perform a variety of duties designed to maintain relationships, exchange information and promote operations. They will ensure that business needs and requirements are being addressed across Plan, Build, and Execution areas, and be responsible for the intake and oversight of projects and enhancements to the systems used. In addition, they will identify technology solutions to meet evolving business needs and have an excellent understanding of the application and technology lifecycle management.
This role is focused on partnering with business leadership around merchandise, planning, and allocation systems. The right profile is someone who is a SME in the space and can collaborate on how to design solutions.
- Be the point of contact for business teams. This includes working on initiatives, enhancements, and bug fixes, and advising on how to navigate within IS operating procedures.
- Bring business and technical teams together to help scope out requests.
- Understand the business needs and help translate for various IS groups on what is the best way to meet business requirements and expectations. Serve as the go-across for various IS groups.
- Act as a “program manager” for various initiatives and ensure that work is being conducted as per the priorities of the business.
- Build strong, cohesive working relationships across the IS department.
- Check in with business managers to stay up-to-date and assist them with problem solving.
- Identify gaps/needs within the IS process and bring them to the attention of the IS director.
- Identify alternative solutions, assess feasibility, and make recommendations that leverage IS components.
- Gather PRF information in a timely manner and understand the business issue above a technical level.
- Assist the business with the solution evaluation and notify affected departments
- Communicate with the PM to identify roadblocks and liaison with project teams to keep projects moving forward.