The Director of IT PMO plays a very important and strategic role within the IT department. They are responsible for all IT delivery to the business.
- Directs and oversees the Program Management Office (PMO) to ensure programs and projects meet organization goals and requirements. Responsible to setup a PMO organization across the entire IT team – processes, standards, measurements, etc.
- Develops and implements PMO processes and policies, directs project management staff, and works with other department leaders to define, prioritize, and develop projects and programs.
- Manage and run the day-to-day operations of the Project Management Office (PMO), including
- IT Business Relationship Management
- Governance, Project Intake, Planning, Execution and Successful Delivery
- IT Resource Capacity Planning and Allocation
- Business Requirements Gathering and Solutions
- Ongoing Reporting and Dashboarding
- Manage and run a team of Business Relationship Managers within IT, aligned with the business units. Ensure strong business IT alignment, focused on deeply understanding business processes and solving problems. Working with external stakeholders such as clients or other departments within the organization to ensure that projects meet their requirements. Setup the BRMs in such a way that they are the go-to “Account Managers” for the business.
- Responsible to work with business to manage intake, ideation, scoping and governance planning.
- Responsible for overall execution and delivery of all IT projects. Manage and run a team of Project Managers, responsible for Project Delivery across the business. Responsible for budgeting, scope definition, successful delivery within the timeline committed. Providing guidance and support to project managers throughout the duration of a project. Ensuring that all projects are staffed with the right personnel for the job with the necessary skills, experience, knowledge, and abilities. Developing project management methodology and tools that can be used across multiple projects.
- Manage and run a team of Business Analysts, responsible to work closer with business to identify requirements and define scope for projects, and work with Enterprise Architecture and Technical Architects to design solutions. Work with Bas to ensure requirements are captured accurately and build processes to handover user stories to the technical teams to build out the solution.
- MUST have experience setting up and running a PMO for a mid-large size IT organization.
- MUST have 10 years’ experience delivering large scale complex IT projects and programs for the business.
- MUST have retail experience preferably with e-commerce and digital shops.
- MUST have experience with governance and coordinating with executives in the company.
- MUST have relationship building capabilities and track record within organizations.
- MUST have strong communication, measurement, presentation, and reporting skills.
- MUST have product expertise using and building up, project management tools like JIRA, Planview, Smartsheet or alike.