Software Engineer III
The Software Engineer is a member of the information technology team. The Software Engineer is responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of desktop applications, web applications, and other systems in both traditional and cloud data centers. The Software Engineer Performs coding, debugging, testing and troubleshooting throughout the application development process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains .Net applications in an object oriented .Net programming environment (Azure, C# 3.5+/ASP.net, MVC, jQuery, WCF, SQL Server, Visual Studio, TFS, GIT, and DevOps).
- Requires knowledge and background in multiple application areas, including tools listed.
- Performs requirements analysis, functional and technical design, application development, product configuration, unit and system testing within the framework of the internal infrastructure.
- Provides appropriate level technical expertise in the diagnosis and resolution of issues, including the determination and provision of workaround solutions.
- Assists with the designing and creation of relational databases in MS SQL Server.
- Resolves problems and handles projects in an efficient and courteous manner with internal and external customers.
- Provides regular updates to supervisor and project managers with regard to project progress and outstanding.
- Participates in technical design and code reviews.
- Identifies areas of improvement for processes and systems.
- Provides suggestions for design strategies and best practice approaches.
- Creates and maintains technical documentation.
- Works with internal users to identify system requirements and resolve issues.
- Troubleshoots processing issues with careful attention to detail.
- Available during non-business hours to resolve system issues as needed.
- Maintains confidential material and information appropriately.
- Effectively works on multiple projects at any given time.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Mentors less experienced developers.
- Assists and/or leads, when needed, in DevOps practices.
- Establishes and/or assists in the creation of design standards and best practices.
- .Net full stack development
- Experience creating web services, database designs, and programming in C#.
- Experience using SCRUM a plus.
- Experience using OO concepts/approaches
- Solid written and oral communication skills.
- Discusses topics at the appropriate technical level to best communicate with technologists, users, customers, and senior management – both in writing and verbally.
- A team player that does what is required.
- Energetic, motivated, and presents a positive attitude.
- Responds to critical issues off hours as needed.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
This position is in a typical office environment which requires prolonged sitting in front of a computer. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office equipment including operation of standard computer and phone equipment. May have occasional high stress when dealing with customers/clients.