The work location for this position is flexible as part of client’s remote/hybrid Marketing team. Due to Client’s ongoing growth, they are adding this new role to help us optimize their content, make it more findable, and help position us in new markets through a combination of SEO, SEM, and Paid Media. This is a hands-on position reporting to the Director of Marketing. We are a highly collaborative team, so you will also work in close conjunction with the VP of Marketing and other Marketing team members on a regular basis. Additionally, there is the potential opportunity of the expansion of this area on their team after proven success.
As the SEO & Paid Media Specialist you will need to have proven success and skills in SEO, digital Marketing, be able to identify content opportunities, and make informed recommendations on content enhancements. We are looking for someone who is passionate about SERPs performance and strives to continuously make enhancements based on findings. You’ll work closely with the content team to provide guidance on how to optimize on-site content for maximum visibility on both new and already existing content. Your goal will be to develop SEO/Paid Media plans from the ground-up that will drive an uptick in qualified inbound leads and deliver continuous improvement by identifying what works best for their business. You will need apply a deep understanding of how to fine tune target audiences for maximum impact and ROI of campaigns on a set budget.
Key Responsibilities Will Include:
Search Engine Optimization
- Drive SEO in content creation by collaborating with other marketing team members, ensure available content is properly leveraged, and perform content maintenance and updates as needed
- Optimize on-site content for maximum visibility and ranking in the major search engines; this includes HTML, site structure/tagging, as well as page layout and navigation considerations
- Continually perform thorough keyword research and develop optimization strategies to improve search engine rankings.
- Collaborate with other content team members to provide recommendations based on identified opportunities and propose new pages/topics/enhancements to existing pages.
- Implement and enforce naming and linking conventions of web pages, images, UTMs etc. and champion SEO best practices across all content
- Identify key metrics required to evaluate content performance
- Maintain and monitor tracking software (BrightEdge/Moz) for content ranking, reach and engagement and produce and share monthly traffic performance reports
- Provide other ad hoc reporting as needed
- Research, analyze, and monitor competitor links
- Stay current on latest trends and best practices in SEO and keep team members informed
- Build this area on their team from the ground up – identify the right mix of these elements for their specific business.
- Provide recommended online ad strategy including but not limited to, targeted keywords, competitive analysis, target audience etc.
- Set up paid media campaigns from start to finish in a manner that assures captured data flows properly into other systems like Salesforce and Pardot.
- Execute tests, collect and analyze data and results, identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum ROI in paid search campaigns
- Track, report, and analyze analytics and PPC initiatives and campaigns
- Carefully manage budgets for campaigns, remaining on budget with the ability to estimate monthly costs as well as remedy any discrepancy that may arise.
- Capture and ensure weekly review of inbound leads
- Stay current on latest trends and best practices in SEM and keep team members informed
The ideal candidate will have proven success in improving search rankings, and has implemented successful paid media campaigns with high ROI. Intermediate knowledge of SEO and Paid Media experience is required.
- At least 5 years’ experience in SEO and paid media/SEM-related field
- Proven SEM experience managing PPC campaigns across major platforms.
- Experience with – Google Analytics/Search Console/Trends, BrightEdge, Moz (or similar) Salesforce/Pardot integration knowledge is ideal.
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms
- Understanding of challenges marketers face working with customer data including privacy and consent.
- Knowledge of first, second, and third-party data and how to navigate the looming changes in this field.
- Results oriented thinker
- Eye for detail
- Excellent communications skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems
- Ability to work under minimal guidance and manage multiple projects simultaneously, while meeting deadlines
- Collaborate with team members and coordinate internal stakeholders
- Exemplary work ethic and follow-through with results
- Quick learner who can take on to new challenges easily
- Proactive drive for continuous improvement and getting things done more efficiently
Reports to: Director, Marketing