Unlike your average IT team that simply administers technology, we are looking to transform our IT department into a strategic partner that provides a real impact on the business by delivering innovative analytic and reporting solutions. We are seeking a Sr. BI Architect – Developer with strong experience in database administration, ETL, Data warehousing, report development, architecture, design, and support.
This role will be part of a new BI team, reporting to a Manager of Business Intelligence, and will be the technical lead for architecting, designing, implementing, and maintaining a BI / Data Warehousing solution. This role will also advise on new tools that may be needed to accommodate growing business needs and will ensure the stability, quality and availability of the BI infrastructure, applications, and services. Candidates must be passionate about working collaboratively to solve business needs with high quality and easy to use solutions. Candidates must be passionate about reporting, data visualization, data quality, analytics and technology. Candidates must have the ability to work cross-functionally to collect data and make actionable recommendations. Candidates must communicate clearly with others to understand and convey business needs and the associated technical solutions.
To be successful in this position you must have a winning attitude, a positive problem-solving approach, an intellectual curiosity, an aptitude for critical thinking, and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment. You will need to be a self-starter, a team player, a change agent, technically savvy, creative, customer focused, results driven, meticulous about details and have a track record of delivering quality and efficiency. In this role, you will have the ability to make significant and long-lasting impacts for the entire organization by advancing our business intelligence and analytical capabilities to deliver meaningful and transformational IT services and solutions. As a result, you will be one of the critical change agents within the company.
The chance to do something meaningful, to challenge yourself, to take others where they would not go on their own, to be a part of change in an industry, and to drive change – doesn’t come around every day!
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enhance and support current end-to-end data warehouse and analytics platform, develop short and long-term roadmaps, design and implement in accordance with defined roadmaps and plans.
- Combine and maintain ERP transactional data with data from additional source systems in the ERP ecosystem.
- Structure, cleanse and transform data from multiple data sources for optimal presentation, access, performance, integration, and security.
- Develop security and authentication standards for BI solutions for object and row level security.
- Implement semantic models and perspectives for different subject areas that serve the analytical needs of various business personas and functions.
- Cross-reference diverse requirements from different business units into a standard scalable enterprise catalog of metrics, and BI models and solutions.
- Work in conjunction with Master Data to document the metadata and data dictionary.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements, including re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, optimizing data delivery, automating manual processes, and improving data reliability, architectural integrity, and quality.
- Document and store source code using standard tools and processes.
- Be a self-service analytics champion across the enterprise.
- Develop and assist with the development of visuals, dashboards, and reports.
- Maintain current knowledge of the technology industry, including leading tools and best practices.
- Coordinate any 3rd party development and support vendors, perform functional review of 3rd party development work, and elicit user feedback throughout the development life cycle.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Provide regular status updates regarding status, issues, or risks.
- Respond to service requests and service desk ticket escalations.
- Review and validate operational policies and ensure they are being met.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with business users, IT members, and management.
- At least 10 years of hands-on experience with full life cycle data warehouse technical design (star schemas, cubes, datamarts) and development including ETL, logical and physical data modeling, data mapping from various data sources, loading data warehouse objects including dimensions, hierarchies, fact tables and aggregates, metadata definitions, and report development.
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in architecture design and implementation of business intelligence and predictive analytics on cloud-based Data Warehouses.
- At least 5 years of experience with application development, database management and operations including in depth experience with DB object design (Tables/Partitioning/Indexing) and writing highly efficient SQL queries, stored procedures, triggers, functions, and packages.
- At least 5 years of experience working closely with business areas to identify business and analytics needs.
- At least 5 years of experience translating business requirements into data requests, reports, and dashboards.
- At least 5+ years of ERP functional experience particularly with finance and sales modules.
- At least 3+ years of using DevOps tool chains and processes.
- Proven ability to work independently in converting business and functional requirements into complex reports, data visualizations and dashboards.
- Experience with user experience design such as layout, content placement, aesthetics, navigation planning, and usability.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and diplomatic skills to deliver exceptional service and guide, influence and convince others to adopt change.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for both internal technical members and external business stakeholders with the ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly terms.
- Strong listening and interpersonal skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong customer service orientation who advocates for providing outstanding customer service.
- Ability to forge strong working partnerships within Information Technology and business partners.
- Ability to clearly articulate the vision and details for solving business and technical problems that meet or exceed user needs and expectations.
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team and as an individual contributor, assumes responsibility for project deliverables, works effectively within deadlines and provides overall status of solution readiness.
- Highly self-motivated and adept at handling multiple assignments in a timely manner.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, time management, prioritization, and task follow-up skills.
- BS in a related field, and/or extensive work experience.
- Attendance at our headquarters office in Fairfield, NJ per current work policies is required.
- Company paid relocation is not provided to the Fairfield, NJ office. The candidate must self-relocate.
- MS in Computer Science or in a related field.
- Experience with Microsoft PowerBI, SQL Server (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, BI Server), Azure Data Factory, and Oracle EBS, EBS Accelerator, Oracle Database, Oracle BI, SAP, SAP HANA, SAP BW. Tableau.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting concepts
- Knowledge of sales reporting and planning
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- BI and Data warehousing Certifications