he Manager will be instrumental in leading the Ceded Reinsurance Accounting team and will report to the Finance VP leading the Assumed & Ceded Reinsurance accounting functions.
Responsibilities required of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Managing a team of 3, including 1 Assistant Manager and 2 Senior Accountants Managing overall ceded book including monitoring treaty setup, preparation of statements, cash calls, application of cash, and analytics
- Quarterly reporting including period on period analytics, reconciliation of subledger to General ledger and parent company reporting
- Working with IT to automate and improve processes Annual ceded Schedule F reporting process
- Managing collateral as applicable to our ceded book
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent training 8 years or more of related ceded reinsurance accounting experience
- Experience managing, mentoring or coaching others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and customer service skills Strong computer skills required, especially in Excel and MS applications
- Ability to think outside the box and look for process improvements
- Project management skills and experience needed Strong analytical and reconciliation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing team environment.
This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule with approximately 3 days in the office per week, with the remainder of the week remote