The Assistant Manager will be an integral contributor to the Ceded Reinsurance Accounting team and will report to the Ceded Reinsurance Accounting Manager.
- Responsibilities required of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Managing ceded book including treaty setup, preparation of statements, cash calls, application of cash, and analytics
- Working with IT to automate and improve processes Quarterly reporting including period on period analytics, reconciliation of subledger to General ledger and parent company reporting Annual ceded Schedule F reporting process
- Managing collateral as applicable to our ceded book
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent training
- Reinsurance accounting experience required
- At least 5 – 8 years accounting experience in the property casualty insurance industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and customer service skills Ability to think outside the box and look for process improvements Strong computer skills required, especially in Excel Strong analytical and reconciliation skills
- Experience with preparation of Schedule F a plus
This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule with approximately 3 days in the office per week, with the remainder of the week remote.