We are looking for an experienced transportation manager to be responsible for overseeing the logistics of our company’s transportation-related activities. In this role, you’ll be keeping track of transportation operations and ensuring that all policies, procedures, and safety rules are followed.To be a successful transportation manager, you should possess exceptional leadership skills and maintain the company’s high standard of customer service. Ultimately, a top-notch transportation manager should be able to display extensive knowledge of transportation management systems and have excellent analytical skills.
- Directing activities related to dispatching, routing, and tracking of transportation containers.
- Planning, organizing, and managing subordinate staff members to ensure work is completed and consistent with the company’s standards.
- Directing investigations to verify and resolve customer or shipper complaints.· Negotiate rates and contracts with truckers for both drayage and over the road shipments.
- Collaborating with 3PL’s and truckers to formulate and implement transportation-related procedures.
- Arranging repairs and routine maintenance of transportation vehicles.
- Complying with transportation-related policies, as well as safety rules.
- Familiar with EC and WC Sea Ports and Terminal activities.
- Manage and support staff with day-to-day deliveries to customers and DC’s.
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, business management, engineering, or related field.
- At least 5 years experience as a transportation manager in a similar industry.
- Solid knowledge of the transportation industry and logistics.
- Experience working with union contracts and transportation-related government regulations.
- Critical thinking skills and knowledge of analytics.
- Experience working with transport management systems and warehouse management software, such as AS4000 and PKMS.
- Ability to work well with team members and navigate stressful situations.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Good conflict resolution skills.