Our company is looking for a Global Controller to join our team. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership and finance/business partnering skills within a global organization as a senior finance partner. This position will report to the CFO.
If you are looking for an exciting place to work, please review the list of responsibilities and requirements below.
- Function as a business advisor to senior leaders. Must have ability to effectively communicate complex technical knowledge with line management globally.
- Oversee corporate accounting, payroll and collections teams.
- Responsible for ensuring global books and records are produced in a timely, accurate manner. Maintain integrity maintained from GAAP, management and tax points of view.
- Establish accounting policies and procedures to ensure all financial statements are produced in accordance with US GAAP.
- Establish and ensure compliance with a global monthly close calendar.
- Establish policies and processes for revenue recognition, including review of contracts and use of subsystems to ensure revenue is recorded in compliance with current revenue recognition policies.
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective internal control processes.
- Oversee federal, state and local tax matters, ensure compliance with tax laws and timely preparation of all tax filings around the world.
- Manage external tax advisory relationships globally.
- Manage external auditor relationships globally. Responsible for the success and timeliness of annual global audit under US GAAP as well as statutory audits in foreign subsidiaries.
- Drive efficiency and automation across all accounting processes.
- Participate in strategic and tactical project initiatives (e.g., buy-side/sell side due diligence, IT system implementations, process improvement, business analysis, productivity initiatives).
- Coach and mentor country controllers and other finance team members to ensure consistency in processes and data integrity, as well as fraud prevention.
- Evaluate risks and opportunities and proactively communicate them.
- Responsible for global transfer price strategy and compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus.
- CPA with a minimum of 10 years of related experience required, including leading an accounting team.
- Strong US GAAP experience a must, public accounting firm audit experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in working in a global environment preferred.
- Strong tax experience preferred.
- Experience in subscription-based business preferred.
- Experience with complex global ERP systems a must; familiarity with Oracle a plus.
- Experience driving transformation and efficiency in controls and accounting systems.
- Ability to lead and guide a large team in a fast-paced environment.
- Highest standard for integrity, accuracy and meeting deadlines.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Strong curiosity.
- Conceptual thinking.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and highly driven with willingness to go the extra mile when needed; excellent time management skills.
- A detailed-oriented, responsible, organized, dependable and professional individual who is dedicated to learning and growing.
- Some international travel and meetings at the headquarters may be required.