- Analyze, design, develop and implement EDI processes and changes to new and existing EDI customers.
- Monitor EDI processes and daily operation to ensure optimal performance, completeness and quality.
- Perform complex system design and program development activities required to complete projects as approved by management.
- Serve as primary liaison with key users in specific functional areas of the business.
- Serves as a technical advisor to other members of the organization on projects as needed.
- Responsible for installing and building the technical environment and all interfaces between BPCS EDI and external trading partners.
- Leads projects that support the EDI technical areas and assists on other projects as defined by the Manager, ERP Systems.
- Complete projects as assigned by Manager, ERP Systems.
- Develop systems documentation in accordance with current IT Standards for new applications and update older system documentation as system updates are performed.
Qualifications: (education, experience, personal attributes)
- Minimum of 5 years EDI experience with strong core EDI (X12, Edifact & XML) in cross platform tools/technologies using the manufacturing suite of EDI transactions (i.e. 850, 856, 810, 855,860, 997,etc)
- Experience using GXS TLI (TrustedLink ISeries) Application Suite to perform translation.
- Experience using BizManager400 communication and development portal.
- Experience with various protocols is strongly desired (FTP, FTPS, AS2)
- Experience working in Systems & Programming with specialization in the following areas: RPG/400,CLP, SQL, Query/400,SDA, SEU, PDM, DDS, ILE Concepts is a huge plus (will train the right person)
- Working Knowledge of IBM I-Series architecture (hardware & software).
- Experience working with BPCS ERP systems is a huge plus.
- Minimum of 2-3 years customer facing, leading meetings and gathering requirements.
- Experience responding to support calls in a highly visible environment.
- Four years college or equivalent experience.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
This is a long term assignment, minimum of a year