The Systems Engineer supports the organization and the Technology Infrastructure team in daily technology operations from a systems and network perspective. The role is responsible for the proper administration of our Microsoft on-premises, Azure and 365 environments, as well as: network devices, systems, servers, connectivity, and project management of I.T. Infrastructure projects. The person will work closely with all Information Technology team members, technology vendors as well as across all divisions.
- Windows Server operating systems, both physical and virtual.
- Multiple locations with data center operations in tiered environments, on-prem, co-location and hosted.
- Enterprise level router/switch gear.
- PCs (primarily Dell, HP, and Lenovo) in a mixed environment that includes Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Incident Management and Request help desk ticket system.
- Email/Groupware platforms, Microsoft Office/O365-M365
- Microsoft System Center/Endpoint configuration manager/Virus Protect
- Remote control tools
Job Responsibilities (others may be assigned):
- Maintain Microsoft infrastructure; O365/M365 and Azure administration, hybrid Active Directory and server/desktop environment.
- Work with team members and cross-functionally as well as with technology partners on infrastructure projects and system refreshes.
- Participate in and manage/lead IT projects, system security audits; recommend, resolve and close vulnerabilities.
- Network internal/external connectivity, switches, firewalls routers, iOS versions, and technology hardware.
- Work with Cybersecurity partners and engineer(s) to maintain and administer cybersecurity systems.
- Lead projects and team members in a cross-functional environment. Serve as an escalation point.
- Participate in and lead Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity tests and efforts. • Configure and deploy infrastructure systems and solutions.
- Upgrade/Scale enterprise network by analyzing, assessing, testing and installing required components.
- Maintain systems/device inventory and vendor contracts.
- Recommend and procure information technology devices and systems.
- Document systems and procedures.
- Participate in after hours on-call rotation.
- Monitor, optimize and tune system performance
- Work closely with the VP of Information Technology and team members to assist in the day-to day technology operations – assist in incident/ticket resolution, coordinate vendor meetings, provide consistent communication to/from the team, maintain and create technology documentation.
Necessary Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Experience supporting cross-functional teams in a corporate environment.
- Expertise in Microsoft Directory services in both on-prem and cloud.
- Administrator level knowledge of Active Directory, Windows servers and desktops.
- Ability to effectively manage server scalability, work with technology resources and vendors
- Familiar with Cisco Catalyst switches, routers and firewalls.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; ability to articulate technology concepts to non-technical personnel
- Experience creating documentation and presentation information – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Familiarity with ITIL concepts and procedures, incident management and response, production and staging environments as they relate to technology infrastructure and change management.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Domestic travel to support project or break/fix efforts.
- Willingness to learn multiple systems to support the organization.
- Professional certification in Microsoft Administration path (fundamental, associate, etc.)
- Experience supporting groupware/email platforms.
- Knowledge of Platform/Infrastructure – as a service models
- Experience with technology project management fundamentals
- Experience working with operational and capital expense budgets