Our client is able to offer remote employment of this position in the following states: AL, AK, AZ, AR, DE, DC, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NH, NM, NC, ND, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WV, WI, WY.
The Sr Solutions Architect proactively and holistically leads and supports activities that guide the development and management of a portfolio of solutions.
The Sr Solutions Architect provides the necessary leadership, analysis and design tasks related to support the development of technology solutions to ensure that solutions meet business needs and align with architectural governance and standards.
The Sr Solutions Architect will demonstrate competencies across four key dimensions:
Interpret Business Needs
- Translates business and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint to achieve business objectives and documents all solution architecture design and analysis work.
- Works closely with the product owners and product managers to ensure a robust architectural runway that can support future business requirements throughout the product lifecycle.
- Understands business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state) and determines corresponding solution designs and change requirements to drive the organization’s targeted business outcomes.
- Monitors the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements.
- Supports product managers in end-of-life product decisions to maintain, refresh or retire services, or systems, including applications, technologies, processes, and information.
- Understands emerging technology trends and disruptions and their practical application to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
- Analyzes the technology industry, competitors, and market trends, and determines their potential implications for a given solution.
- Facilitates the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services.
- Consults with application, data and infrastructure development projects and products to fit systems or infrastructure to architecture and identify when it is necessary to modify designs to accommodate the solutions architecture.
- Leads evaluation, design, and analysis for the implementation of a solutions architecture across a group of specific business applications or technologies based on enterprise business strategy, business capabilities, value-streams, business requirements and enterprise standards.
- Manages and develops architecture for a broader scope of products, working closely with architects and technical leads.
- Develops a roadmap for the evolution of the solution portfolio from current to future state.
- Acts as a consultant on a broad range of technologies, platforms, and vendor offerings to drive targeted business outcomes.
- Creates architectural designs to guide and contextualize solution development across products, services, projects, and systems, including applications, technologies, processes, and information.
- Works closely with the Program manager to ensure the execution of plans corresponds with what is being promised throughout the project or product lifecycle.
- Provides consulting support to technical leads within agile teams to ensure the project or product is aligned with the overall architecture.
- Provides deliverables like standard definitions, reference models and architecture designs to support architectural governance to assess the impact of new and ongoing technology investment on the business and technology estate.
- Supports a community of practice (CoP), guiding and helping agile teams, product owners to align with the overall architecture governance and assurance.
- Designs and directs the governance activities associated with ensuring solutions architecture assurance and compliance.
- Facilitate and drive design sessions.
- Coach and mentor other architects.
- Defines the principles, guidelines, standards, and solution patterns to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the products future-state architecture vision.
Credentials and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information-technology, engineering, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years of experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines, including product development, technical or infrastructure architecture, network management, data platform or cloud development
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies, platforms, and processing environments
- Good understanding of strategic and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
- Good understanding of product management, agile principles and development methodologies and capability of supporting agile teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact, and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
- Experience working in a relevant industry is helpful, but not required.
- Experience developing architecture blueprints, strategies, and roadmaps.
- Experience delivering presentations to senior-level executives, technical and non-technical audiences.
- 3+ Years experience as a Solution Architect
- Experienced in DDD development. Good understanding of Domains, Bounded Context, Aggregates, Entities, Domain Events etc.
- Hands on experience in architecting and designing high availability microservices using different patterns/frameworks.
- Experience with Azure DevOps, GIT, CI/CD, TDD, and Automated Build Processes
- Experience in implementing applications using platform services like Azure app service, Azure SQL, Azure Service Bus, Databricks, event hubs, stream analytics, Redis Cache, APIM, application insights, etc.
- Experience with Docker or other containerization technologies
- Understanding and knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies.
- Knowledge of different modeling languages
- Excellent understanding of agile product development methodologies and infrastructure and network architecture
- Excellent analytical, planning, organizational and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with developers in an outsourced environment.
- Skilled at influencing, guiding, and facilitating stakeholders and peers with decision making.
- Ability to articulate new ideas and concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Ability to understand the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term perspectives of situations.
- Ability to translate future-state business capabilities and requirements into solution architecture requirements.
- Ability to propose and estimate the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically to solve business problems and propose solutions.
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.