Our client is able to offer remote employment of this position in the following states: AL, AK, AZ, AR, DE, DC, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NH, NM, NC, ND, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WV, WI, WY.
The Senior Software Engineer works as an integral and collaborative part of an Agile development team to implement all phases of enterprise-level software applications.
- Practice and adhere to the established development practices, standards and guidelines for security, performance, and general coding best practices.
- Understand and implement features in alignment to the architectural roadmap of the department.
- Independently represent the business’s technology outside of the Product Development group to build collaborative internal relationships.
- Collaborate closely with POs and Architects to develop new features and functionality for our platform.
- Analyze business needs, develop requirements, design, develop and test software solutions.
- Demonstrate technical aptitude and take multiple systems and cross system integration into account when designing and developing solutions.
- Collaborate with technical leads and impacted teams to ensure proper alignment and dependencies are accounted for.
- Work towards becoming a Technical SME in the products that their teams maintain.
- Contribute towards successful completion of projects in consideration of agreed time frames, providing scope estimates, quality aspects (architecture standards, coding standards, configuration management) and budget.
- Actively troubleshoot reported problems in timely manner and ensure resolved in best way for product.
- Take on Feature Lead role within the team and ensure the work is groomed and implemented.
- Work on multiple initiatives at the same time.
- Provides regular, direct, and impactful feedback during peer reviews, and engages others across the organization to help them grow their skills and toolkit. Is generous with their time and knowledge and looks out for and offers potential opportunities to others on the team, as well as flags successes and concerns to manager.
- Assumes a leadership role in the areas they support, communicating effectively with various stakeholders both within product management and across the organization. Seeks out new processes, techniques, and tools, tries them out and reports back to the team, recommending what to incorporate into the process.
- Contributes not only to the areas they work on, but to the business as a whole. Identifies and shepherds’ new initiatives, gains buy-in and collaborates with other disciplines and departments. Spreads the company’s brand attribute thinking and enthusiasm across the organization and beyond — whether presenting, participating in innovation weeks, or other interactions.
- Coach and mentor other Software Engineers through peer reviews of their work, informal mentoring during code development, and assisting with the planning and organizing of work.
- Contribute to the development of your own and team’s technical acumen.
- Influence others by creating a participative environment.
- 5+ Years experience working with web-services, and N-tier applications using current UI frameworks, modern web application standards.
- 2+ Years experience working with Angular or similar Front-End Frameworks.
- Technical aptitude and demonstrated initiative to investigate and learn new technologies.
- Stays abreast of key developments within the software industry, actively seeks learning opportunities and applies acquired knowledge to the job.
- Knowledge of design patterns and when to use them.
- Ability to identify, diagnose, and resolve problems within software applications.
- Ability to come up with innovative ideas and novel ways to solve work problems/opportunities.
- Maintains stable performance under pressure and/or in the face of ambiguity.
- Ability to coach and provide direct feedback to other team members for their productivity and delivery of their work with quality.
- Works independently and demonstrates ownership of features and team’s work products by taking responsibility for the success of important tasks, working on tasks requiring great attention to detail and performing complex tasks or working on complex projects.?
- Demonstrates teamwork, critical thinking, adaptability, problem analysis, initiative, communication skills, risk taking and planning & organizing.
- Working knowledge of some or all the following quality assurance methods unit, integration, regression, user interface automated testing.
Degree iis Required