Director, Manufacturing Systems
The Director, Manufacturing Systems is a global leadership role that involves overseeing IT projects and providing support for the business’s critical Manufacturing Systems. This individual will not only manage but also provide visionary leadership to the Manufacturing Managers, Architects, and Analysts within the IT team.
In addition to managing the IT team, this role requires close collaboration with business leadership to identify and define strategic system needs and projects. By influencing key business practices, the Director plays a pivotal role in driving the overall success of the Supply Chain organization. Collaborative engagement across partner internal system groups is essential to ensure the effective definition, execution, and support of the comprehensive system landscape.
This position goes beyond management, as the Director is also expected to function as a program manager. The Director’s contribution extends to overall planning and IT strategy, innovation, and research initiatives. Leadership qualities are fundamental in fostering collaboration and trust among diverse functional business and IT teams, both within and external to the organization.
Leadership and Strategic Partnership:
- Lead and provide strategic direction for IT projects and support related to manufacturing systems.
- Collaborate with business leadership to identify and define strategic system needs and projects that align with supply chain objectives.
- Influence and guide business practices to enhance the overall effectiveness of the business’s supply chain organization.
- Contribute to overall IT planning and strategy, promoting innovation and research to enhance system capabilities.
Team Management and Development:
- Manage and provide leadership to the Manufacturing, Forecasting, and Planning Managers, Architects, and Analysts within the IT team.
- Build, upskill, and develop the team’s skills and abilities to effectively implement and support chosen technologies and projects.
- Inspire collaboration, trust, and cross-functional cooperation across various business and IT teams within and outside the organization.
- Lead as a program manager for global manufacturing, forecasting, and planning systems projects.
- Design, implement, and deliver solutions that meet the organization’s requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the successful execution of projects, including partner systems like Sourcing and Logistics, Distribution Systems, PLM, MDM, OTC, and PTP.
- Develop and manage workplans, ensuring the project stays on scope, on budget, and on schedule.
- Resolve project issues and track project deliverables and status.
- Continuously assess and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of manufacturing, forecasting, and planning systems.
- Identify opportunities for process optimization, technological enhancements, and innovation within the supply chain domain.
Vendor and Partner Management:
- Collaborate closely with vendors, partners, and System Integrators to ensure seamless integration and successful project outcomes.
Compliance and Security:
- Ensure that applications and solutions developed and implemented comply with security standards and protocols.
- Implement measures to safeguard sensitive data and maintain the integrity of manufacturing, forecasting, and planning systems.
Strategic Direction Setting:
- Define and communicate a clear strategic direction for IT projects related to manufacturing, forecasting, and planning systems. Align these initiatives with the broader goals of the supply chain organization, ensuring that technology solutions contribute to overall business success.
- Lead by example in project management, guiding the team through the complete project lifecycle. Provide hands-on direction, manage workplans, resolve challenges, and ensure timely delivery of solutions. Foster a culture of accountability and ownership among team members.
Talent Development and Empowerment:
- Invest in the growth and development of team members, cultivating their skills and expertise. Empower them to take ownership of their roles, encourage innovation, and promote a collaborative environment where diverse talents contribute to shared objectives.
- Demonstrate exceptional collaboration skills by effectively partnering with business leaders, cross-functional teams, and external stakeholders. Build strong relationships, influence decision-making, and bridge the gap between IT and business, fostering a cohesive and aligned approach to achieving supply chain excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, Supply Chain Management, or a related field. A Master’s degree is a plus.
- 15+ years IT supply chain Experience with 5+ years on Apparel industry
- 10+ years experience on working on Manufacturing Execution Systems
- 10+ years of progressive experience in IT leadership roles, including project management, strategic planning, and team management.
- 10+ years’ experience with Supply Chain Systems and Information Technology.
- Travel, including foreign, as required up to 15%-25% of the time.