Job Title: Level 2 Audio Visual Technician – White Glove Meeting & Event Support
Job Summary: The Level 2 Audio Visual Technician is a vital role in providing top-tier AV support in corporate settings. This position requires not only technical proficiency in AV systems like Crestron, Biamp, and Polycom but also extensive experience in event production support, particularly for large-scale corporate events such as town halls. The technician must possess in-depth knowledge of a broad range of audio and video gear to ensure high-quality event execution.
- Comprehensive AV System Expertise: Operate and troubleshoot advanced AV systems, including Crestron, Biamp, and Polycom.
- Event Production Support: Play a key role in the production of corporate events such as town halls, including setup, operation, and breakdown of audio and video equipment.
- Virtual Meeting Platform Proficiency: Provide expert support for Zoom and Microsoft Teams meetings, ensuring seamless virtual connectivity.
- High-Profile Client Interaction: Work closely with executives and VIP clients to understand and meet their AV needs with professionalism.
- Equipment Maintenance and Management: Regularly maintain and update AV systems, ensuring readiness for events and meetings.
- Technical Leadership in AV and Events: Train and mentor junior staff in both AV technology and event production techniques.
- Collaboration with Vendors and Teams: Coordinate with external vendors and internal teams for efficient and effective event support.
- Documentation and Compliance: Keep detailed records of equipment, events, and system configurations, ensuring compliance with company standards.
- Experience: At least 3-5 years in an AV technician role with significant experience in event production support and knowledge of a wide array of audio and video gear.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Audio-Visual Technology, Event Production, or related field, or equivalent technical training.
- Certifications: Professional certifications in AV technology (e.g., AVIXA CTS) and specific systems like Crestron, Biamp, and Polycom.
- Technical Skills: Broad knowledge of AV systems, event production, and network troubleshooting.
- Soft Skills: Exceptional communication, organizational, and problem-solving abilities, with a focus on customer service.
- Physical Requirements: Capable of handling the physical demands of event setups and equipment management.
- Corporate and event settings, requiring adaptability and flexibility.
- Schedule may include varied hours, weekends, and travel depending on event requirements.
- Reports to the Senior AV Manager or Director of Audio Visual and Event Services.
This expanded job description ensures that the technician is prepared to handle both the technical and logistical aspects of AV support and event production in a corporate environment.