Summary: The Director, Enterprise Data & Analytics will cultivate technology and digital innovation across a diverse and unrivaled collection of premium sports equipment, gear, and performance apparel brand. The role will have responsibility across global analytics and data strategy, models and enterprise services that support operational excellence, inform customer acquisition, life cycle management, product experiences and content offerings. The incumbent will architect and continuously strengthen on the selected enterprise platforms, supporting the company’s end to end data and analytics requirements including finance, manufacturing, supply chain, marketing, and product content functions. In concert with a global ERP rollout, this role will refine a data plan designed to enable the seamless collection, aggregation, and synthesis of data to strengthen both automated and relationship-based insights and interactions.
- Lead the effort to assess current Financial, Supply Chain and Digital Marketing/eCommerce analytics, content analytics and product analytics groups. In partnership with Technology and Business Teams develop a new enterprise data strategy, including global platform architecture, enterprise services organization and direct guidance to the organization’s brands including business requirements, algorithmic and data science strategy, self-service, and business unit resourcing requirements. Partner with key team members and cross-functional stakeholders to define/refine multi-year data plan to strengthen measurable competitive advantage utilizing Data and Analytics.
- Partner closely with the centralized technology/digital and product teams, as well as brand marketing and content organizations to enhance a central hub where the business can leverage rich data assets across all functions. Anticipate changing asks from the organization and business environment, and initiate action to creatively realign data objectives as needed. Improve capabilities that will develop unique insights, its customers through qualitative and quantitative research.
- Be a strategic thought leader who will use data and analytics to provide insight on where the company should direct its future investments, while optimizing current features. Participate in strategic planning and the development of company business objectives in conjunction with other senior leaders. Shed light on what and how our employees leverage data to gain competitive advantage, along with the ways those behaviors are impacting customer acquisitions and retention. Inform the necessary people and technology investments to achieve business objectives.
- As a key member of the leadership team, develop and maintain meaningful relationships with all internal and external stakeholders. Serve as an external force for the company, helping to continue the existing strategic partnerships, evaluate business opportunities, and elevate the business’s reputation as a leader in the sports industry. Create meaningful industry partnerships and vendor relationships to leverage third-party development and improve customer reach.
- Effectively communicate, mentor, guides, and collaborate with the direct reports and other technology teams. Effectively support, train, and manage technology staff and strengthen the continuous improvement of technology and digital equipment, and procedures. This ensures we maintain pace with technological progress, economic change, and business needs.
- Test emerging data science techniques and resources, syndicating learnings to the broader organization for deployment. Ensure data quality and security across the organization, including external data sources.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics or engineering preferred. Advanced degree in an analytical field a plus.
- 10+ year’s data and analytics leadership experience. Consumer Product Goods industry experience. Superb candidates from other sectors may be considered. Technical skills experience in leading teams in advanced data techniques including advanced qualitative and quantitative data mining and predictive modeling. Exposure to algorithms, statistics, visualization, data engineering, natural language processing, data platforms and engineering.
- Acts to surpass goals, seizing every opportunity possible to use data and analytics to ensure the company is an industry leader in the space. Sets continually higher goals that are ambitious but realistic for self and team, geared to organizational objectives. Focuses on new business opportunities that enable business development targets to be exceeded. Translates broad business strategies into clear, specific objectives and plans for units and individuals. Negotiates with a genuine give-and-take approach. Prioritizes spending time identifying all necessary stakeholders and connects with all of them to shape a collective consensus. Identifies opportunities to support relationships that will help others achieve their objectives.