Seeking a Sr. Full Stack Software Engineer, for a fully remote role with an award winning SaaS Platform for local governments that automates processes, digitally manages data, and engages citizens via the cloud.
About the Role as a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, you will be part of a team of engineers leading the development of the next generation of our web application from the ground up. This application is integral to our mission of providing innovative solutions to local governments, deeply reliant on location-based services, notifications, and mapping. Leveraging your expertise in .NET and modern full stack frameworks, you will play a crucial role in shaping and delivering a userfriendly, feature-rich experience that empowers local governments and citizens. You will work closely with our product and design teams to deliver a seamless, friction free user experience for our customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate closely with UI/UX designers and backend developers to create an intuitive and seamless user experience.
- Implement and optimize location-based services, mapping and GIS functionalities within the application, enabling users to visualize and interact with geospatial data. Implement features such as map overlays, geocoding, etc.
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks to ensure the application runs smoothly, even with large datasets and complex interactions.
- Implement security best practices to safeguard user data and maintain compliance with data privacy regulations.
- Maintain high code quality standards, conduct code reviews, and contribute to the development of reusable components and libraries.
- Create and execute comprehensive test plans, including unit tests and integration tests. Debug and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers, QA engineers, and backend developers, to ensure alignment with project objectives and timelines.
- Document code, technical specifications, and development processes to facilitate knowledge sharing and future maintenance.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in software design, engineering, computer science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years deep experience in front-end development with a focus on user experience
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to optimize app performance for a seamless user experience
- Understanding of application security best practices and data protection principles
- Deep experience with APIs ? Experience working in a Scrum environment and adherence to Agile methodology
Qualities and Skills
- Clear & accurate written & verbal communication is a must.
- Ambitious and diligent with an exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and a love to solve challenging issues
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of current trends & latest advancements in modern web frameworks.
- Innovative mindsets with a drive to improve upon existing systems.
- Azure cloud computing
- Proficiency in SQL, SQL Server and scripting tools.
- Bonus Points for Knowledge of mapping libraries (e.g., Mapbox, Google Maps) and geospatial data handling is a significant advantage
Why You’ll Love This Company
- Fast-growing tech startup recognized by GovTech Magazine as a top 100 company, five years in a row
- The opportunity to hone your skills, learn new ones, and make a direct impact on the company’s growth
- Friendly work environment, dedicated colleagues, and team-building activities