The EDI & Application Specialist plays a critical role in managing and supporting electronic data interchange systems and ERP & WMS applications within the organization.
- Oversee EDI trading partner and transactions mapping and setup.
- Monitor EDI Transactions and maintain a healthy connection and flow of document transactions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve data mapping and translation issues.
- Provide training to internal users and trading partners to ensure they understand the EDI system’s capabilities and can use it effectively.
- Generate and provide reports and analytics on EDI transaction performance, error rates, and trends.
- Develop and deploy NetSuite SuiteScripts to accommodate EDI orders process and EDI integration automation.
- Collaborate with Customer Service to resolve Order related errors and stand-in for order re-imports.
- Answer user submitted support ticket and help resolve Netsuite and EDI technical issues, and partner with team members to develop long-term solutions.
- Identify and implement process improvements and system automation.
- Work with business user to translate business requirement into EDI process customization/improvement.
Core Competencies for Success
- Excellent mastery of EDI platform, Requirement for trading partner setup and X12 documents mapping, and integration builds between Netsuite and TrueCommerce.
- Excellent understanding of Trading Partner onboarding and external platforms such as TrueCommerce, and SPS Commerce.
- Strong problem-solving skills for identifying and resolving technical issues related to EDI and associated applications.
- Effective communication skills to provide training to internal users and trading partners.
- Self-sufficient in maintaining open communication with clients’ EDI specialists and EDI service support staff to ensure a successful project implementation. Takes ownership of projects and can clearly see implementation from start to finish.
- Excellent programing skills and understanding of relational databases to help build and deploy enhancement scripts, improving Transaction Documents processing.
- Drive teamwork and team spirit.
- Able to give and receive feedback.
- Welcomes the opportunity to discuss competing points of view.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related
- 5+ years of experience in EDI and ERP
- TrueCommerce experience is a plus
- NetSuite experience is a plus