The Marketing Analyst will build out our Marketing reports & dashboard ecosystem to measure Marketing impact and help refine our Marketing strategy based on insights uncovered. This team member will deconstruct problems and transform data into actionable intelligence and meaningful insights using thoughtful visualizations (e.g. dashboards) to help formulate data-backed recommendations
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish a healthy reporting routine and build out Marketing reports & dashboard and reporting ecosystem under guidance of our VP Marketing; maintain dashboards and ecosystem
- Enhance current reporting environment, tools, practices, and processes in collaboration with other Marketing team members and IT.
- Collaborate with Marketing Team to develop requirements for Marketing metrics, KPIs, reports, and dashboards and build out reports/dashboards across channels, audiences, surveys, etc. –where needed, collaborate with IT.
- Work with IT to determine the right solutions for data storage, transformation, and integration with other marketing systems.
- Optimize the collection and organization of Marketing data from different sources in collaboration with other Marketing staff – and IT where applicable.
- Craft and manage requirements, collaborate on implementation, thoroughly vet/test/QA new reports/dashboards before presenting to VP.
- Collaborate with Marketing team members to develop and test marketing effectiveness on website.
- Collaborate on implementing A/B testing for website, advise on what/how to test and measure, and recommend collaborate on implementation of additional tracking tools.
- Collect and build visibility into user behavior data to make recommendations for enhancement on the website.
- Create unified campaign insights for enhanced campaign effectiveness tracking.
- QA data across all campaign assets, including pre-flight checks to ensure that data collected via our various channels and assets is of the required quality and integrity to be included in reporting, including website data capture requirements
- Develop audience segments leveraging and combining different data sets.
- Conduct regular post-mortem analyses on marketing campaigns and present findings to marketing team to help guide decisions.
- Develop, manage, and analyze surveys, e.g. customer satisfaction, NPS, etc.
Responsibilities as a Storyteller
- Derive meaningful insights, benchmarks, and recommend actionable intelligence from visualized data.
- Analyze website, email, paid media, and site performance in collaboration with the respective are experts to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Create and distribute regular reports and put together ad-hoc reports to answer business questions.
- Develop comprehensive year-end analyses to help inform marketing budget and strategy.
- Advise on current metrics/ KPIs and actively drive enhancements to our current analytics.
- Use this newly-built data foundation/discipline to collaborate with VP and Director to formulate quantifiable goals; advise on strategies and experimentation to drive progress.
- Stay on top developments in the marketing data/analytics technology markets to advise on trends and recommend new tools that work within our ecosystem.
- Evaluate, recommend, introduce additional elements (such as MVT testing, trend analysis, advanced segmentation, customer profiles, attribution, user behavior, data augmentation, etc.) and recommend what metrics, tools, etc. are needed.
- Knowledge of data collection, processing, and storage requirements for marketing.
- Eye for detail including data cleanliness, patterns, and spotting inconsistencies during data reconciliation/QA
- Ability to create thoughtful attribution logic and develop mechanisms to measure marketing attribution seamlessly
- Know how to design efficient data structures to integrate across disparate marketing data sources and systems.
- A bi-directional “data translator” who knows how to tell a story with data.
- Business talk: Excellent communications skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems, and transform data findings into recommendations to compose detailed reports for tactical team members and executive level presentations alike.
- Tech talk: versed at discussing and defining requirements with IT based on business inputs.
- Analytical thinker, ability to interpret data and derive business insight.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analysis skills, applying conceptual models, and recognizing patterns while drawing and explaining conclusions.
- Commitment to upholding data privacy; critical thinking and best judgment if handling sensitive data.
- Naturally curious data enthusiast.
- Be able to work under minimal guidance while excelling in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience working with external data partners and agencies.
- Experience in data aggregation and dashboarding – Power BI, Google Looker (or similar)
- Statistical software such as SQL, spark SQL, R Analytics, Python
- Excel (pivot tables, VB scripting)
- Data modeling/analytics and quantitative methods
- Working knowledge of Salesforce reporting and data structure and Marketing platforms such Pardot
- Familiarity with the Google web reporting ecosystem including GA4, GTM, DataLayer, BigQuery
- Deriving end-to-end campaign insights from UTMs or other tracking mechanisms
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- 2-4 years as a Marketing analyst with clear understanding of Marketing strategy, digital marketing landscape, and Marketing KPIs
- Vertical insurance experience strongly desired. Or eagerness to learn and understand the specifics of the insurance buying process.
- Change management
- End-to-end experience with data, including querying, aggregation, compatibility, massaging, and analysis.
Know how to build dashboards in platforms like Power BI that unify data from various data sources, including internal, Salesforce, Pardot, GA4, social.